Wednesday, March 09, 2005

They say it's your birthday...

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now 26 years old. Closer to 30 than 20.

It was an interesting day. I guess I am now realizing that your birthday as an adult is not the same as your birthday as a child. When you are an adult you can no longer use the threat of "I'm not inviting you to my birthday party," to get your way because most likely there is no birthday party besides what you do with your family. And the gifts, well, let me just say that I would rather have a good night's sleep, although my mother bought me a BEAUTIFUL bracelet that matched my wedding band and let me tell you it is just gorgeous.

Anyway, I spent all of today preparing my house for a lab school meeting that I very stupidly volunteered to host. This was before we knew that Jason was going to be traveling to Clearwater 2-3 days a week, EVERY WEEK, and he would not be home to help me or attend the meeting. Poor Piper just vegged out today because it is cold and rainy. What's going on? This is Florida and it is mid March, enough with the cold already.

The meeting was uneventful and I am exhausted. Why does it seem that life keeps going and going faster and faster and I feel like I am getting run over? I can't keep up and it is all just passing me by and then I feel guilty for missing opportunities to praise my children for their accomplishments or just be silly with them and get to know the people they are becoming, and on and on and on...

And my marriage is suffering the consequences of this speed demon life style as well. We do not have time to just sit and be. When will it slow down? Is this my life from now on? If so, I will not tolerate that and changes will be made.

I thank God that I have another year to figure all this out and love my girls and love my man. I am so blessed.

p.s. thanks to all the well wishes for my birthday...you don't know how much I appreciate your thoughts and kindness.

No comments: