Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Paddy's Day

some irish jokes for you:

Two drunks coming home, stumbled up the country road in the dark. "Faith, Mike, we've stumbled into the graveyard and here's the stone of a man lived to the age of 103!" "Glory be, Patrick and was it anybody we knew?" "No, 'twas someone named 'Miles from Dublin'!"


Why did God invent whiskey? So the Irish would never rule the world.

We've got our own recipe for Irish stew: Get some meat, some potatoes and a lot of Guinness Stout. Drink all of the stout. Forget about the stew.

and some irish blessings:

Christ be with me, Christ be within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort me, Christ above me, Christ in quiet, Christ in dangerChrist in hearts of all that love me Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.
FROM THE BREASTPLATE OF SAINT PATRICK


Deep peace of the running waves to you. Deep peace of the flowing air to you.Deep peace of the smiling stars to you.Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.Deep peace of the watching shepherds to you. Deep peace of the Son of Peace to you.
AN OLD GAELIC PRAYER


May the roads rise to meet you. May the wind be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face; The rain fall soft upon your fields And, until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
A GAELIC BLESSING


Like the warmth of the sun And the light of the day, May the luck of the Irish shine bright on your way.

No comments: