Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Music to my ears

I was driving yesterday and decided I wanted to listen to a cd. In the Decrapi there is a 6 disc and single disc cd player so I went through what was already in there. I have to say I am a little embarrassed at what I found and immediately realized that I have let my musical knowledge lapse while being busy giving birth and what not.

In my cd player:
  1. Dashboard Confessional Unplugged...not bad
  2. Justin Timberlake...uhm, no comment
  3. Dashboard Confessional, A Mark, A mission, a brand, a scar...because one wasn't enough?
  4. 311...greatest hits, I think
  5. The Wiggles, Wiggle Bay
  6. The Wiggles, the one with Steve Irwin, croc hunter

And in the single disc was an old Counting Crows from high school...guess I was feeling nostalgic.

Very , very sad, I know. Give me little help...what are you listening to?

2 comments:

stargirl99 said...

Hey Shannon,
it's Beka... here are some of my favorite artist/bands:
Frou Frou
The Shins
Bright Eyes
Interpol
The Wallflowers
Dido
Jem
thats a lot, but they are all pretty good.

Eric said...

Beka, I have never met a teenager who knows who Bright Eyes is let alone likes them. One either hates them or loves them it seems.

Shannon, your sil has great taste in music. You can't go wrong with any of her choices.

I listen to a lot of different music, but here is what I am listening to right now.

Damien Rice-0
The Postal Service(i have listened to this for almost a year and still love it)
Death Cab for Cutie
Interpol-Both albums
Bright Eyes (Albums: I'm Wide Awake it's Morning and LIFTED OR THE STORY IS IN THE SOIL, KEEP YOUR EAR TO THE GROUND are the best)
Wilco

The staples-
U2
The Cure
The Beatles (Jagger's first album was The White Album)
Billie Holiday
Ella Fitzgerald

And the next time I go out, you are coming with. So get ready!