Thursday, January 13, 2005

Shannon's Hurry Up and Clean the Entire House Tips

There are times, on occasion, when people call and say they are right around the corner, and could they stop in and visit?

What are you going to say...Yes, come on over!

Here are some tips on how to clean your house...well, not really clean...more like make a place to sit or make your house presentable....in the emergency that is the "Drop By."

1. Stuff as much as you can in any closet that will hold it as long as you are not planning on opening the door while your guest is there.

2. Make sure you have a bedskirt so you can push anything that will fit under the bed. Also, under the couch is a great place to stash shoes.

3. The oven is a great place for dirty dishes...just remember they are there.

4. Make sure there is toilet paper in the guest bathroom.

5. Light a candle, spry some febreeze and dim the lights.

Many a time, Jason has come home and been under the false impression that the house is clean and neat, until he opens the door to the closet. He thinks I am funny...I call it creative cleaning.

2 comments:

Jason Dowdell said...

I remember when we were newlyweds and I would get so upset at the fact that she hid her messes instead of just cleaning them up. I even told her older brothers that I was mad they hadn't clued me in to the mysterious ways of Shannon before we got married. Don't get me wrong, Shannon's my soulmate, but I had no idea that her definition of picking up the house meant stuffing everything in closets, under beds and in the oven... But that's the stuff that makes our life so great, surprises!

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job on setting up your blog. Your site will definately be bookmarked.

I am in the process of setting up a Suede Cleaning Tips
site. It's basically a resource site which covers Suede Cleaning Tips
related stuff.

Stop by sometime :-)