Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Random

I kinda sorta got offered a job last night, hmmm.

Jason is in San Jose, California this week for the SES Conference, don't you just feel so sorry for him? Poor guy has to eat out at fancy places and hob-nob with fancy people and go to some kind of dance.

Finley sat on the little potty for 15 minutes the other day and then promptly peed on the floor when she stood up.

My vacation was one of the most realxing vacations I have ever been on, more on that later.

We had our front and back yards re-landscaped the past two days and they managed to cut not only the cable line but also the phone line and my cell phone was dead. Nice.

But the yards look fantastic, pictures to come.

I haven't been to the gym in almost two weeks, and it shows. DId I read somewhere that it takes 6 weeks to show improvement and only two weeks to get out of shape? Two steps forward, three steps back.

Piper now has a job chart which includes "wipe my own booty" as one of the jobs. I haven't had to wiped her booty since starting the job chart.

On the schedule today:
A trip to the library with the most unfriendly and unhelpful childrens librarians where I need to return 2 overdue books that I happened to "find" and pay for one book that was lost in the grocery store and check out new books and make sure to count how many there are to avoid our previous experience. I've had this dream to open a children's bookstore kind of like the one in that movie "You've got Mail" with Meg Ryan. I would be nice and very helpful.

Take a refreshing dip in the pool since we haven't been in the past 2 days due to workers being ever present.

water the new plants.

Recover dining room chair. I'm doing one at a time because I get bored quickly. I did the first one yesterday and it looks good, I'll post pics later. I got this dining room set, table and 6 chairs, for $50 at goodwill and it is kind of mid-century modern and very cool.

clean, and I mean really clean, the family room which may involve a trip to the good will to drop off some stuff including some clothes that I weeded out of my dresser. I'm just so bad about getting attached to things for really stupid reasons like "Oh, I wore that shirt that one time when i saw a cloud shaped like a dinosaur." LAME.

Make appointment for Finley's 18 month check up since she's you know, 21 months old.


What we're into lately:

eats - I've come up with a new sandwich wrap thing that I'm really enjoying right now that consists of a flour tortilla, roasted red pepper hummus, chicken breast and romaine. very simple and very simple.

music - the ipod is usually on shuffle but these songs have been causing me to make a new playlist of current favorites -
For the Windows in Paradise, for the Fatherless in Ypsilanti - Sufjan Stevens
Living in Twilight - The Weepies
Stars - The weepies
where the streets have no name - U2
trouble me - 10,000 maniacs
look after you - the fray
make this go on forever- snow patrol
stay (faraway so close) - U2
all i want is you - U2
Campfire Song - 10,000 Maniacs
various death cab
various donovan frankenreiter

sewing sewing sewing...lots to share, I should really take some pictures!

school...first days and new supplies

ok, enough, let's go to the unpleasnt library where they give us dirty looks!

No comments: