Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Random Observations

I had to get gas this morning and this guy getting gas diagonal from me actually unbuttoned and unzipped his pants, pulled them down, tucked his shirt in and then hiked said pants up extremely uncomfortably high and zipped and buttoned them back up.

I have been going to the gym 4-5 times a week since the new year and I have noticed a few things. There are definitely gym "groupies" who are there to be seen and to scope out others. It is sometimes intimidating but then I remember that I pushed out 2 kids and that my body is extraordinary for that reason alone no matter how fat I am. Then there are the older people and I like them. They are there to stay in shape and work hard and no other reason. They motivate me. So, there are times to go to the gym to get a good workout without the "playas" breathing down your neck.

Another observation about the gym: There are actually women who come to the gym with a full face of make-up and I just think...eewww. You can imagine if they are actually sweating then the make-up and the sweat will combine to form a sort of paste and that's just gross.

We have been church-hopping lately to find the right place for our family because our current church has become the not right place. We have been visiting the church that I grew up in and met Jason. It's nice because I feel sort of anonymous. There are a lot of people I know but I don't feel like I have to be all up in the church's business. I can go, drop my girls off in classes that have kids they can play with, sit down and worship without stressing out about some job I was supposed to do, and actually be ministered to and learn from a very gifted preacher.

Jason and I are closing in on 5 years of marriage and 8 years together. That amazes me. Marriage is hard work and I feel like we are really making a go of it. I love him more today than in our first few months of lustful emotional can't-live-without-you times. We have really been through crap this past year and we have actually come out better than before the crap. I feel like we are entering a new era in our family and it feels really good and really refreshing.

Piper is almost 3. She is like an actual kid now and not a baby, although she will always be my baby. She is so smart, an actual genius I think and so loving and fun.



Finley is walking now, watch out! She is always moving and always happy. Really. She loves to dance and shake her little booty.



My girls. I can't really explain the love that I have for them except to say that it is all-encompassing and all-consuming. I want to freeze them but then I think about al the things we have yet to do, I can't wait but appreciate that it is all in good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are adorable! I understand wanting to "freeze" time for awhile to keep them from growing. My son will be 6 in a few weeks. Where has the time gone?