Monday, February 21, 2005

The Poop hits the fan

Why is it that the night that Jason leave to be out of town for a week, that everything seems to go wrong?

It started with an inconsolable crying...screaming baby before he even walked out the door. The day had been good...ran some errands, had lunch at the park so Piper could play for a while, got everyone home and napping, whew!

The trouble really began after everyone was in bed, including me. I didn't even have the strength to stay awake for Desperate Housewives. Around 1am I hear a door slam...Piper. She comes in my room and I immediately pick her up and take her back to her own room, sing her a song, and back to bed. It wasn't that big of a problem, just that she hasn't done this before.

1:30am - Finn wakes up. Go in, nurse her, back to bed.

2:15am - Finn crying again, go in to stuff passy in mouth and find explosive poop ALL OVER. All over her, all over bed, all over blanket, all over the ceiling, all over the dog, I think it was even all over my stupid truck outside that I hate, but I digress. GREAT.

3:00am - finally back in bed. Quiet.

3:03am - Door slam. Piper in my room. Repeat process as before...this time emphasize...stay in your bed.

4:30am - Finn awake again. Nurse. Decide this may be the week to cry it out and work through all these night time wakings. Yes. This week. Back to bed.

6:30am - Finn awake AGAIN. Laughing at her mobile. Go in to nurse her for fear that laughing may wake up Piper. Go downstairs and get Piper milk because she will be up any minute.

Now - Blogging while Finn is making some kind of noise, waiting for Piper to wake up.

Fun, fun, FUN!

P.S. As I spell checked this I found it amusing that "blogging" was not found and it prompted me to replace it with "flogging".

No comments: