Thursday, January 25, 2007

Because you need to make this and eat it tonight for dinner it was that good


I said I was wanting some Thai chicken pizza, so I made it for dinner and let me tell you - it was SO. GOOD. Here's what I did, probably could be made a bunch of different ways but this is what I came up with:

Grocery List:
pizza dough - I just used the Pillsbury stuff in the can
Thai peanut sauce - was in the Asian food section
a rotisserie chicken - makes it soooo easy
carrots to shred
one red pepper
green onions
bean sprouts
mozzarella cheese
peanut butter - you only need like 2 tablespoons so you probably have that in your pantry.
oh - and some hershey kisses because they are good


Ok, so heat your oven to 400* (based on my pizza-dough-in-a-can). Get out the pizza dough and spread it out to your desired thickness...use a baking stone if you have one...cook the dough for about 8 min.

While the dough is cooking, mix about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the peanut sauce with about 2 tbs. of peanut butter.

Shred the chicken

Chop the green onion

slice the red pepper

shred up some carrots

(hope you can do all that in 8 min- just kidding)

plop (you like that? real technical) about 2 sppoonfuls of the peanut sauce mix into the bowl of shredded chicken and mix it up to coat the chicken

Smear (another gem of technicality) the rest of the peanut sauce mix over your dough

top with chicken, green onions, and red peppers.

sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over everything

put it in the oven for about 7-9 minutes more (again based on the dough-in-a-can)

when it comes out all good-smelling and tasty-looking, top it off with the carrots and bean sprout.

Wha-La - trust me, you will want to marry this pizza it is so good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I read this this morning and it almost made me throw up. I was actually swallowing to keep the puke down.

Now that it is the evening and the morning sickness has passed, I am thinking I might try to make this for dinner next week because it sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

That does sound quite delish - thanks for the tip!