Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Searching

we are in the market for some new living room furniture and I am the worst decision maker ever.

these are the ones I like with comments. I am thinking a sofa and two chairs with one ottoman. I figure that with two chairs it is the same amount of seating with less space taken and a more open feeling and more options for configuration.

These first options are all from Room and Board
1. The Burke Sofa and Burke chair and ottoman with the Quinn chair in spa color



what I like about these is that the legs are almost exactly like the legs of my dining room set which the living room opens to the dining room so they would fit nicely together. I am digging the modern clean lines and the chair looks especially comfy to me. What I don't like about the sofa is the loose back cushions and is it too modern? too stark?

2. The Candace sofa, chair and ottoman and another chair, but I don't know which would look good with this group.
what I like about this one is the tight back with no loose cushions and it looks comfy. The legs are a bit stocky for my taste and I am not in love with the shape of the sofa in general. And the chair does not look comfortable to me at all.

3. The Cole chair and ottoman

I just like this chair and ottoman and that it comes in a different pattern.

4. The Jasper sofa group

like the legs and looks comfy. A little too casual for the living room? and loose cushions not on the top of the list.

Next on the list is from Crate and Barrel

1. The oxford sofa group
I like the tight back and I like the option of getting the chair and a 1/2 twin sleeper with an ottoman. I don't really care for the shape though as it looks "mushy" to me and this is for our formal living room. I also don't care for the rolled arms and squatty legs.


ok, so tell me what you think? any other ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say that you need to go sit on all of them...I'm sure some are more comfortable than others!!!!

I think I like the top 2 pics the best.

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I like the top 2 couches and the last gray couch.

T

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate choices. What I will tell you though, is that the last two couches we bought had loose cushions, and I will never buy another couch unless it has cushions already attached to it. Good luck in the decesion making process!

Anonymous said...

I am really bad at this stuff to, but I LOVE the cole chair and ottoman. A lot.