This is a comment that Jason left ona previous post and i just want to share with you the man that he is to me:
One of the reasons I don't read your blog while I'm at work is because it often brings me to tears. You're my soulmate and it's things like this post that remind me of the ties that bind our souls together.
I wanted to say something mushy about loving through the thick and thin but I'll hold off for now. Instead I'll share a few of my favorite Jason & Shannon moments to make you laugh and possibly even cry.
- mentoring Wingnut
- loving you so much it hurt
- buying a house
- avoiding muggings in Costa Rica
- making that new house our's
- ripping up perfectly good floors and putting down new floors in that house
- having an epiphany about children and telling your parents we weren't going to wait any longer to start having children when your dad was in a hospital bed
- watching you nest when it was time for Piper to come
- painting Piper's book case when you were in labor because the labor pains were killing me
- not being grossed out by Piper's birth and feeling more in love with you and this new life than ever before
- watching you become a mama and me become a papa in an instant and over time and feeling more fullness in life than I ever imagined
- watching our first baby become a little girl and seeing you in her more and more
- welcoming Finley into the world with open arms and a big sister to guide her
- trying, failing, trying, failing, trying some more to make family time a real priority
- learning the value of a coffee maker
- watching you improve yourself and our family life and house and being inspired by it
Shannon, through the beaches and the law suits, from Curacao to Murphy, North Carolina. From diapers to dating again. From weeknight dinners to Saturday morning breakfasts, my love for you grows stronger and deeper than I ever could've known when we were married. You're my soulmate and my lover. I'll be home shortly.